Thread lifting, also known as thread lift or thread rejuvenation, is a non-surgical cosmetic procedure used to lift and tighten sagging or loose skin in various areas of the face and body. It is a minimally invasive alternative to traditional facelift surgery. Thread lifting involves the use of specialized, dissolvable threads made of materials such as polydioxanone (PDO) or poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA). These threads are strategically inserted beneath the skin to lift and support the tissues.
Our Thread Lift procedure, is a tailored treatment that is designed to work with your face, creating a younger and smoother appearance. Fine threads are inserted under the skin, lifting and tightening without the surgical invasiveness of a full facelift procedure. The shape of the threads create a reaction in your skin that leaves a long lasting, visible effect after your very first treatment.
How does PDO Thread Lifting work?
• The Thread Lift uses specialised threads which are introduced into the skin with a very fine needle to lift tissue and muscle and improve skin texture. The material used in the Thread Lifting is called polydioxanone (soluble PDO).
• The advantage of this material is that it relaxes muscles and tendons, stimulates collagen production in the skin and also encourage the synthesis of elastin and hyaluronic acid in the skin. All these are vital for a fresh, plump and youthful looking skin.
• Different areas of the face require different types of thread. Short, non-barbed threads can be used to treat fine lines on the face, as well as tightening and lifting areas such as the jaw line and neck. Thicker “cogs” or barbed threads can give a significant improvement to the mid and lower face. Sometimes a combination of both non-barbed and barbed threads will be used to give best results.
• Over time, the threads gradually dissolve and are absorbed by the body. During this time, they stimulate collagen production, further contributing to skin firmness and tightness.
• Thread lifting is commonly used to address sagging cheeks, jowls, brows, and neck. It can also be used for non-surgical nose reshaping, jawline definition, and lifting the skin on the body, such as the buttocks or breasts.
• They offer natural and subtle face lift results
• Visible instant results right after the treatment
• It utilises body’s natural healing process to rejuvenate the skin.
• It’s not a surgical procedures, which means it has no incision or cuts, resulting in less downtime.
• And comparing to surgical procedure, the cost is much less as well.
Advantages of PDO Thread Lift
COGS (pronounced "kogs") and threads are two different aspects of thread lifting procedures, which are minimally invasive cosmetic treatments used to lift and tighten sagging skin. Both COGS (barbed threads) and threads (smooth threads) are used in these procedures, but they serve slightly different purposes and have distinct characteristics, so what are cogs?
COGS (Barbed Threads):
Barbed Threads: COGS, or "cogs," refer to threads that are equipped with small barbs or cogs along their length. These barbs are designed to grip the skin and underlying tissues when inserted, allowing for a more significant lifting effect.
Greater Lifting Power: COGS are typically used for areas where a more substantial lifting effect is desired, such as lifting sagging cheeks, jowls, or the neck. The barbs provide immediate support and reposition the skin and tissues.
Immediate Results: Because of their barbed design, COGS can provide immediate visible results during the procedure itself.
Why Choose COGS (Barbed Threads)?
Instant Lift: COGS provide immediate lifting and support for sagging skin. Say goodbye to jowls and sagging cheeks with this non-surgical wonder.
Remarkable Results: Enjoy noticeable results during the procedure itself, with a rejuvenated, youthful appearance that keeps improving.
Focused Lifting: COGS target areas needing a more substantial lift, delivering stunning and immediate improvements.